Database Client Software 2.0 Manual
» File Format Conversion
Converting Between File Formats
A few things to consider when converting:
- The source files are not modified! Any changes are written to new files, unless you explicitly overwrite the source.
- The program ignores any sort of header information when reading files, and are recognized by CRC. Thus, it can only convert recognized ROMs.
- For the same reason as above, only the ROM data will be read from the file. All header data is provided by the DB.
- The original filename will not be used. A new one will be generated by the program.
- Because of the constant DB communication, batch conversion of a large number of files will take a long time. In the future, I will be writing a conversion utility that uses a downloaded version of the DB in order to convert efficiently.
Basically the conversion process is simply opening files and re-saving them in a new format.
- Open the files you want to convert. You can open them individually or a folder at a time.
If you only want to convert specfic files, select them and save them one-by-one, you can choose the format from the standard save dialog. If you want to convert everything
that is open, select "Save All" from the File menu.
The rest of the steps only apply to batch saving.
- You will be prompted to select a folder to save converted files to.
- Next you will be asked which format you want to save to.
- Once selected, the conversion will begin.
|Return to Index|